Hey guys, this is Amber again. Well last Friday was my last day at JCDS. It was pretty awesome. I would love to say that I will miss that place, but I can't. I will however miss some of the people there, and I will miss my consumers. I had gotten pretty connected to those guys. Anyway, today (Tuesday) I started my new job at Johnson County Human Services and Aging. I am really going to love it. I have a boss, however he is the director over the entire Area Agency on Aging...so I am somewhat autonomous. And my mentor, Barb, is awesome. She is the coordinator of volunteers for Catch-A-Ride, the area that I will be working in specifically. She has a great personality, and you can tell she sincerely cares about people, both the clients and the volunteers. I am looking forward to getting to know new people and also getting the hang of what I will be doing.
Well here are some pictures of my last day, and then after work when my co-workers took me out to dinner.

Lynn and me towards the end of the day.

John, on the rare of occasion that he sits at his desk.

The happy couple, Chris and Becky

Charlie...a.k.a. ladies man

The whole gang at Fox and Hound

Me...just happy to be done.
Ok folks, thats all for now. Ben will be home soon, and then we are going to see the Royals vs. Yankees at Kauffman Stadium. Maybe you will get some pictures of that later...we'll see. Adios.
No comments:
Post a Comment