11.01.2006

House Update

Hey! This is Amber... I am at work right now on my break. Ok guys...well so far so good with the house. We have been holding our breaths for the past few days waiting for something to hit the fan or for the whole deal to bottom out (not to be negative), but so far we are still on track to have a home and move in on November 30th. ACK! That seems so close. That is exactly 4 weeks from tomorrow. There is still so much to be done...packing, buying appliances, signing papers, etc. However, we can cross one BIG thing off. We had our FHA inspection yesterday. We had to go out to the house for two hours while the inspector looked the house up and down. It was nice to get to be there though so we could get another REALLY good look at the house without the current owners there. Here are a few things we found that we either didn't know before or we didn't notice the first time we were in the house.

1. There is a lazy susan in the kitchen in ADDITION to the two pantries. Though to some this is nothing, I am REALLY excited about having a bigger kitchen with more space.
2. The whirlpool tup works GREAT! We also hadn't noticed that it is a corner tub...so its really big **wink wink**.
3. The whole front room is already wired for a pretty extensive surround sound. Ben was pretty excited about this being that he owns a system that is currently at his parents house because we can't really use it where we are at now. Sorry Pat and Judy...I think Ben is going to want it back now :(
4. The garage is already wired with electricity. This is good for the date in the distant future when we put a driveway up to the garage and use it on a regular basis. We can install an opener and even put electricity out there for Ben to work on the cars!
5. The two second bedrooms are actually quite large...we hadn't remembered them being that big. We are going to use the front room for our office (the smaller of the two) and then the back room for our guest room (Eventually when we buy a new bed for us).
6. In addition to the bathroom walls being recently redone with tiling, all the fixtures in the bathrooms are new too!
7. There is a TON of cabinet space in the master bath. I am so excited to have room for all the bathroom STUFF so it doesn't just sit out on the counter.

Well, these are just some of the observations that we made last night while waiting for the inspection to get done. I have off work next Friday for Veterans day (which is Saturday...don't ask me, I don't complain) and my mom and I are going to go back to the house to get measurements of the windows and stuff! Exciting! Ok...continue to pray that all goes well as we move along with the house stuff. Thanks guys!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How incredibly exciting!! I am so happy for you two, and I will be praying that everything works out perfectly. What a big moment!! =) I love how life changes and we get to go from one adventure to the next....enjoy every moment!!

Josh and Annie said...

How exciting!!! I loved looking at the pictures of the house. And I agree with you, kitchen storage is such a blessing.

God is blessing you :-)

mindy said...

I miss you sooo much!!!