...When you're having fun, right? What about when you are just plain too busy! Our life seems to be keeping up with the break-neck pace that we have set for ourselves. In general the past week has just flown by, although there isn't anything super significant to report on.
I start a new module for classes tonight, and while that is always somewhat nerve-wracking and exciting at the same time, it makes me realize how fast the past few months have gone by for my Masters program. I started in August, meaning I have already put in 7 months of my 26 month program. Pretty exciting to me. Also, after this module we start our internship (another source of nervousness AND excitement), so we will go down to just one class per module. It really puts into perspective how quickly life just passes you by. I start internship in May and the Baby is due in August. I walk for my diploma in May of 2008 and then finish my internship in July of 2008. I will be completely done in October of 2008. I know for some that may seem forever away, but when you consider what all will happen in that time frame it makes it seem just around the corner.
Speaking of internship, my boss has approved my new schedule for when my internship starts. SO...I can keep my 40 hours a week AND get my intern hours in. It will just mean taking shorter lunches and coming in 30 min early every day. Not a biggie if that means I will be able to leave on Tuesdays and Wednesdays at 2:30 to go do client hours. AHHHH! I will have clients in about 2 months. That is so unnerving (for me...hopefully not my potential clients), yet it also really makes me feel that I am making progress. I look forward to seeing my "book smarts" put to use in the real world. I also know that there will be a TON to learnt hat no book could ever teach me.
I am also working with my boss on a way to work part time while I am on maternity leave. Yes...in a perfect world it would be wonderful to take the full 12 weeks that FMLA gives me. However, FMLA isn't kind enough to pay me for 12 weeks, AND since I technically only get 2 weeks off from internship, it wouldn't do me much good. If I can take 6 weeks and work part time for the last 4 that would really help us out. Also, Ben gets 4 weeks of paid paternity, so it will give him a chance to "bond" with our little one :) All in all...it will probably be an "interesting" year as I finish up graduate school with a baby, but it is possible. At least that's what I keep telling myself.
We did have an unexpected event take place this past Thursday. As I was leaving class on Thursday night to go meet some of my classmates for dinner, I rear ended a woman in an SUV. Her car seemed to have little or no damage. Mine on the other hand wasn't so lucky. They also sent the paramedics out, being that I am pregnant, to check me out. Everyone, paramedics, police, Ben, classmates, was so nice to me...and the whole time I am thinking "Don't be so nice to me...tell me how stupid I was". I was pretty shaken up, but after checking me out everything with me and the baby seemed fine. Really all that seemed to hurt was my left knee from hitting the underside of the dash. I have come to terms with the fact that I obviously didn't mean for it to happen and that's why it is called an ACCIDENT! We have a rental car that I am driving and we are awaiting the news from the body shop on the extent of the damage. Thank goodness for full coverage.
All right folks...I must go.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Glad to hear you are okay, Amber! And don't beat yourself up about it. Like you said - it was an accident. I hope you are feeling better these days!
--Jenny
You always amaze me with all that you do - so, pardon my stupidity, but what kind of "clients" will you have? - I'm so excited for you...and YES, you can finish your masters with a little baby (But only someone with the drive and determination that you have!!) Sorry about the accident...Those things happen - luckily you and the other driver were fine, so don't sweat it!! - Keep posting and letting us know how things go...Enjoy your time with Mindy, and also know how proud we are of you (You are such an inspiration!)
6 more days! Need I say more! =)
Can’t wait!!!
Love,
Min-Dindy
Sorry to hear about your little fender bender...thats never fun! But I really admire your hard work! You are one amazing gal
Annie
1 1/2 more days!!! I am simply beside myself with excitement!!! I can't wait!!!!
YAY!!!
Min-Dindy
Post a Comment