Once again...not much to report on. It is raining and has continued to rain, essentially non-stop, for days. My house is a muddy mess (from the dogs) and my hair has stayed in a continuous state of frizz for the past week. We have had to have the air on, because we can't really have the windows open when it's pouring, and in an attempt to escape the rain, our house has been infiltrated by ants. Hundreds of ants. It is very disgusting! And as much as I hate them, Ben hates them even more. He has declared war on the ants in our house. One of their favorite places to "hang out" is inside our dishwasher. BEN'S favorite thing to do is to turn on the dishwasher and "listen" to them die in the wet, hot sauna! It is actually quite amusing to watch him wait and listen for that exact moment when the water rushes through the dishwasher and he knows that the hundreds of ants chillin' in there are now dead. Just today he stopped at Home Depot and got Terro. This is a type of ant killer that is supposed to draw the ants and then they carry the product back to their colony and kills all the ants back at the nest. SWEET! Hopefully it is as good as it's reviews! I just want to be able to cook without risking having extra "pepper" in my food. Bleck!
I start my internship tomorrow. I am super excited, anxious, scared, overwhelmed... Yes all of those things and more! I meet tomorrow with my first group session and hopefully the adolescents I am meeting with don't see right through me! I pray that God gives me the words, patience, and understanding, as I work with these clients and all the clients I will be working with throughout the next fourteen months. As far as paperwork goes, I feel pretty prepared and fortunately there seems to be a bit of a learning curve and all the therapists seem very helpful and understanding...they've all been there!
I am hoping that the rain will let up enough for me to have a garage sale this weekend, however if not I think we are going to just pack it all up and take it to the Salvation Army. Having it out of my house is much more important right now than making a few extra bucks. We are then going to start painting. I am anxious to get started, as the end of this week marks 26 weeks for me! Life isn't getting any slower, so I really want to get the nursery under way. It will be nice to see that start to take shape. This weekend my mom and I started cutting the pieces for my nursery bedding and I am so excited to see it start to take shape! We even have enough material left over to make some throw pillows! Friday night I painted the letters for the nursery wall (spelling her name). They are pink and then I sprayed a sheer sparkle over them. I topped it all off with small rhinestones in the corners of the letters. We are going to hang them with chocolate brown ribbons. I can't wait to get those on the wall.
Mom and I went garage saleing on Saturday and at first it seemed to be rather fruitless. She dropped me off at praise team practice and all I had were a couple sleepers. But after she left she hit the jackpot!!! She got a ton of baby girl clothes, some of which still had the tags on it! It's hard to believe that in a few months there will be a baby girl wearing them.
Well, that is all I have for now. Perhaps when I update again I will have more exciting news to report on. Later...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I miss you SOOO much!!!
Love,
Minners
Sorry about the ants....While Mindy and Chris are also going through some really stressful stuff right now, don't discredit your own stresses - you have EVERY right to feel overwhelmed and frustrated with the ant issue!! =) I have never dealt with that before, but my friends out in OR have a terrible time with ants, so I have heard many horrible stories - it's a legit concern! haha - I'm so excited to hear more about the nursery too...post pictures!!!
I laughed so much at your discription of your house and hair during this rainy season! - I am TOTALLY "feeling" it too....My hair has been a wreck for a week, and I have a thousand muddy paw prints all over my clothing and carpets! Yikes......Good luck with the internship thing, and keep us posted!!
EEK!! Ants!!!!! Last summer we had the BIG kind of ants get into our house. It was soooo awful. I've only noticed one in the house so far.. but I have already called our exterminator for an estimate on getting the house sprayed for ants, spiders, and wasps. I am sooo not a bug person.
Well, if your weather is anything like ours today.. it is absolutely GORGEOUS. :-) I hope it is!
Post a Comment