6.29.2007

Rolling, Rolling, Rolling

Well, time just keeps marching on. I am getting bigger...even though it is hard to imagine! I am starting to run into things! LOL. The other day I was using the restroom at work and went to open the stall door and wasn't standing far enough away. I opened the door right into my belly. Or when I try to walk behind people in class the other day and actually hit one of the guys in the head with my belly (that one was pretty embarrassing). I am also REALLY waddling now...especially when I have to use the bathroom...which is all the time.

We are also really close to being "ready" for her. We have almost all of the essentials and have the nursery pretty well set up. I can't believe shortly we will have a little baby to bring home to it. And who knows, maybe that day will be sooner than later. Last week I had a doctor's appointment and I was measuring a week ahead. So...I will either go early OR I will have a ginormous baby! I have my next appointment next Friday and then after that I will begin going every week. That fact just makes it even more real that this is happening and it is happening soon.

The internship is going well. I am seeing two individual clients at my placement and then facilitating two therapeutic process groups. I am also seeing four couples through the MNU clinic. So my schedule has filled up quickly! Most evenings I am not home for good if at all until about 8:30/9 pm. Which is late considering I leave the house by about 6:50 or 7 am. Long days followed by restless nights, as sleeping has become a chore. Really...I am not complaining (at least not much). I really do enjoy doing therapy and it is exciting to think that I am at this point considered a therapist. A student therapist, yes, but a therapist none the less. Someday I will be able to ONLY do that and my days will hopefully be a little shorter and a little easier.

Next weekend we go for our tour of the hospital and pre-registration. We will fill out our paperwork, submit our birthplan and learn a little more about the hospital, its services and the layout. I am excited to learn more about it and get the chance to do a "dry run" so to speak. Next weekend is also our childbirth prep class. It is an all day class held on Sunday. They offer classes over a 4 week time period, but our schedule is so crazy that taking 4 evenings up would be insane! So instead we will do this class from 9-4:30. I am excited and I know there is plenty for me to learn, but at least I am going in with a little bit of knowledge. I have seen childbirth before and while that can never quite prepare you for it yourself I have a little idea. Now, Ben on the other hand...I think he is in for an eye opener. Hopefully this class will prepare him for that a little.

Other than that we are just going through the daily motions and waiting for our little one to make her appearance. We have decided that we will not be traveling anymore before the baby comes. It is just so uncomfortable AND we are nervous about risking being too far from our hospital. As it is, I love the fact that we are about 5 minutes from our hospital...which is honestly the primary reason we chose this hospital. So, as I get more and more uncomfortable...I will find comfort in knowing that when the time comes I am just moments away from my hospital, the staff there, and my epidural :)

July 9th marks the end of this module and then I get a 5 week break! We start the next module on August 13th...4 days before my due date! Yikes! Pray for me as I wrap up this module and the final involved.

We'll be seein' ya!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amber -
I am so glad you get a little break starting next week! And I'm so excited to see you guys! Have a great visit with Min tomorrow!

--Jenny

tsh said...

Will be praying for ya!