7.27.2007

Full Term!!! (whatever the heck that means)

Well folks, today marks the day that I am considered full term. I am officially 37 weeks pregnant. AND I could potentially have 5 more weeks (**groans inwardly**). Right now it is just a waiting game. Every new pain or twinge that I have I wonder "could this be it", and then it goes away and another day comes and goes. I am REALLY trying to be patient and know that she will come when the time is perfect (for her...not necessarily for us). It is hard to imagine though that I could be anymore full of baby! She takes up so much space right now and is so cramped. It makes me wonder how big she will be. She will ocassionally poke a foot out on my right side and I can't help but think how in a few weeks (hopefully less), I will be able to see and touch those feet. Very bizzare indead!

With this new beginning looming on the horizon, I think back over the past two years and I am amazed at all that has happened.

Two years ago this time, I was just getting back from General Assembly with Mindy and Chris. I was not married (about 5 months from it), living in Manhattan, KS with a semester left in my undergraduate at Kansas State University. At the time, I was living with our good friends, Bobby and Lindsey in their home and working at Big Lakes Development Center...getting up at 5:40 am M-F to work (bleh!)

Now two years later, I am sitting at my desk waiting for the arrival of my first child, a little girl. I have been married now for a little over a year and a half and Ben and I live in our house in Shawnee, KS. I am JUST completing my first year of graduate school at MidAmerica Nazarene University. I currently work for the Johnson County Government as well as TLC as a student therapist...and I am still getting up at 5:40 am M-F to get ready for work!

Can you believe how much has changed? Not just for us either. Mindy and Chris (who I went to GA with the summer of '05) are preparing to leave in a matter of days for a brand new adventure in Germany! They have a handsome little boy, Luke, who is 13 months old and another on the way!!! Bobby and Lindsey have moved into a new home and Lindsey is halfway through vet school...on her way to being Dr. Lindsey! It is just amazing where a couple of years can take you.

Sorry for the little trip down memory lane, I am just a firm believer that you can't know where you are going unless you know where you came from. I know that so many of my friends are scattered across the country (and now across the world!), but being able to stay connected, even if just through blogspot, is such a blessing!

Well that is about all I have time for today. I see the doctor in a couple of hours and hopefully I will have made progress this past week. If you think about it...pray that this little girl shows up sooner rather than later :)

Amber

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm praying you meet your little girl SOON. :-) We have so much to do to get ready for our little man, and it feels like it will never happen.. though I know once we get started, it will actually go pretty quickly. :-) It will only take a couple weeks to prepare the nursery.. once everything is bought. haha :-)

Have a great appointment! I can't wait for an update!!

Annie said...

I'm so excited for you Amber! I'm sooo glad your doc did and ultrasound to make sure your little girl was head down - that sure would have saved me a lot of pain and misery LOL

God bless you as you endure these last few weeks

Annie

Teniah Ashlyn said...

How exciting...the time is almost here! I am with you all the way on the memory stuff - I can't believe it's all happening so fast either! I remember when I first met you at your old apartment in Manhattan....life has come a LONG way since then! =) I'm so happy for you, Mindy, and I am SO incredibly proud of you for making it through so well. To think that you are going to school, working, AND carrying a baby girl!!! =) You are like Wonder Woman!!! You rock!!!

Anonymous said...

So... it's been forever since you updated.. is there a baby yet? :-)

Anonymous said...

You're almost there Amber! I am praying for a safe delivery for both of you guys! Take it easy as much as you can until Gracelynn gets here! God bless.

--Jenny

The Impsons said...

Haven't had a chance to call in a while. Just wanted you to know that I was thinking and praying for you lately. Hope all is well. Love you