Tuesday, Gracelynn and I went to the pediatrician. She had already gained 4 oz. in just 2 days. The pediatrician said that is almost unheard of and that she is doing great. He also noted that she is very well proportioned and that she is doing great for only being 4 days old! I told him that I thougth she was perfect too...but it was nice to hear it from a doctor. We go back next week for her 2 week check up and then not again until she is 2 months old.
Our night time routine is going better too. The last couple of nights she has slept for a few hours at a time and mommy has actually relaxed enough to get some sleep too. Last night she actually slept from 11:45-4am! I woke up when she started crying and was so surprised that she had slept that long. The trick...? I honestly am not sure. I just try to make sure she eats really well before putting her down and then swaddle her. We did figure out that she gets really frustrated if her arms are swaddled, but if her feet and legs aren't tightly swaddled she will startle herself awake. It's all a learning process :) We are getting it. She is a little puzzle that we have to figure out.
Today (Wednesday), we just stayed at home. She is starting to stay awake some between feedings which is really exciting. I actually get to spend some time with her with her eyes open. She even did some tummy time today! Her little neck is getting stronger and stronger.
Well I had better finish up with some pictures. Have to keep the masses happy ;)
Morning tummy time! See that strong little neck of her's? That or she is just highly motivated by that pacifier.
That's all for now.
Amber (and Gracelynn)
5 comments:
Congrats on the perfect baby!!! Hey Thanks for posting the pictures. It helps us who can't be close to you during this exciting time keep up. I love them. I will keep checking in. Love you. Glad to hear you're taking care of you too!
Yay for more pictures!! I can’t get enough! =) She looks so happy and content. I love reading your updates and seeing pictures...it makes me feel like we don’t live quite so far apart. If only there wasn’t a big ocean between us.
You guys are doing fantastic!
Love ya!
She is perfect in every way - and big for only five days old! Congrats, you are definitely doing it right! =)Keep posting when you get the chance, I love seeing her! =)
amber, she looks JUST like you! so pretty.
o my gosh! congratulations!! I'm sorry I haven't been very good at keeping up with your posts. I realized today it had been a long time since we'd been in touch and I was wondering how things were going with your pregnancy--and it looks like things went GREAT!! Your little girl is just beautiful!!!
Post a Comment