9.17.2007

One Month!!!

I can hardly believe that it has been one month since my beautiful daughter came into the world. At times I feel as if she has always been here and I can't imagine my world without her...and then other times I feel like she just got here and I can't believe that a month has already passed us by! By the same token, I am so anxious to watch her grow and develop and change, but I also don't want her to grow up! She is so precious, and I just have to constantly remind myself that to cherish every moment that I have with her.

Life has definitely changed in the past week though. Starting back to work last week was good and bad. I REALLY hate leaving my little girl, but it is nice to have a little break now and then. Mondays are the hardest as I go to work and then straight to class. All in all, I go about 11 hours without seeing her. VERY HARD! By the time I get home I am going through major Gracelynn withdrawl. Ben is doing a great job with her. He is slowly learning the little pieces to the puzzle and each day gets easier and easier.

I also started seeing clients again this past week. I have taken on a few more clients, so my schedule is pretty full. It would be stressful, except I love doing it! Also, the extra clients I have taken on means I will catch up from my time off that much more quickly... so I am grateful for them.

I also love seeing her little personality develop. As she starts to spend more and more time awake and alert, we get to see a little more. I will try to catch a picture of this, but one thing I absolutely love is her "poop face". I know that it sounds disgusting, but it the most hilarious thing ever. She furrows her brows and purses her little lips and then she turns bright red and starts grunting. Seriously the funniest thing I have ever seen. Not very lady-like...but very funny!

Well, this one is short and sweet. I have a paper to write that is due next Monday and that has to happen sometime between work, class, internship, baby and sleeping (when I have the chance). TTFN

Amber

5 comments:

mindy said...

One month already?! I'm so glad to hear things are going well. It sounds like it's a time of adjustment right now, so you will all be in my prayers.

I can't wait to see a picture of the "poop face!" It sounds super cute! =)

I love and miss you SOOO much!!!

Teniah Ashlyn said...

I'm so glad things are going well now that you are back to work. I will be praying that you gain more and more peace when you have to leave her. I'm sure it will never get easy, but perhaps you will start to feel more at peace about it as time goes on.....

Can't wait to see pictures, I cannot believe it's already been a month since she was born!!! Yikes...time flies....Love you!

Anonymous said...

LOL - I think Jamie may have the same poop face - it's hysterical! And you always know when they're going! I'm glad to see you are doing well. Are you getting any more rest now?
--Jenny

The Impsons said...

I can't believe it....one month. That's so amazing. Glad things at work and sessions are going good. Just know you are in our prayers daily. Love you Am

Teniah Ashlyn said...

Okay, so I have to share my friend's "poop" story since everyone is talking about the "face".....

So, I'm in Korea and my Korean Friend, Gina, and I are playing with our other Korean friend's baby boy.....Gina has never been around babies and has no idea what she is doing so she is baby talking with him and bouncing him around and he's being fussy. Well, He's starting to make funny faces and grunt while he's kind of bouncing up and down. And he's starting to get quieter so she thinks this is like the best thing. She starts grunting with him. He grunts, she grunts, he grunts, she grunts etc. etc.....They just have this whole things going back and forth and she thinks she is like the best babysitter ever and just has the magic touch.....She goes, "look at me, Teniah, I'm doing really good with him. I think he likes me!" and I kind of chuckled and said, "Gina, ummm I think he's pooping!" She's all, "no way!!" and I'm like, "yea, that's how they do it" She's all, "But he was talking to me and he was so cute with his little face all wrinkled!"....About three seconds later she got a big whoof of unpleasantly scented air and we both let out a huge laugh.......

I guess the whole "poop" thing is spoken in universal languages....

Just thought I'd share (sorry it was so long!)