2.16.2008

A Whole New Ballgame...




I can't post much now, but I will edit to add more when I have time. I just wanted to let everyone know that after much screaming, crying and pulling my hair out....


GRACELYNN HAS HER FIRST TOOTH!!!

New Info:


Hey guys! Sorry for the little bit of information, but weekends are always so busy for us. This is the first chance I have had to post anything. However, Gracelynn DID in fact get her first tooth. I called all the grandparents. Ben thought I was a little crazy, but I told him we only get one chance to act like fools about Gracelynn's first tooth.


It also got me to thinking...Friday night was the last time she will ever have a toothless grin. I had a classmate of mine say something about remembering the firsts, but also remembering the "lasts". Those kinds of things don't often stick out in our mind...but I thought about it this time. It was sad, no doubt, but nice to take a moment to think about that.


We just got back from Gracelynn's 6 month appointment, everything checked out great except for her weight. She has dropped into the 45th percentile...losing about 1/2 lb in 3 weeks time. She has been sick, but the doctor was a little concerned. We are going in for a weight check on Friday. If you think about it, pray that she will have rebounded.


Here are her OFFICIAL 6 month stats:
Length: 26.5 inches (75%)
Weight: 15 12.8 lbs (45%)
Head Circ.: 43 cm (70%)


Doctor said she looks great and that there are 4 more buds in her mouth that could break through any day! 5 teeth!!! I don't know if I am ready for that.


Gracelynn has also started sitting up this weekend...for extended periods without assistance. She loves being independent. I am enjoying the times she is sitting still, as I know that once she starts moving, we won't see her.


Well, I have to head to class, but I will leave you with the pictures from Gracelynn's 6 month photo shoot. The studio actually had us sign a release to have her picture on the wall!!! She did great



Ok...I am off. More to come...







6 comments:

Lenity said...

YAY GRACELYNN! Now you can bite dad!

Inculcator said...

Congratz, Gracelynn! Now you'll get to try more food.

Anonymous said...

YAY!! She is soooo pretty! :-)

Sorry I haven't stopped by in forever.. the computer is hard to use with a baby! lol

Thanks for commenting today! :-)

Teniah Ashlyn said...

She is so beautiful and I LOVE the pictures - maybe she'll be a model!? =) Congrats on surviving the first tooth experience, needless to say I'm sure you didn't get much sleep! haha....Love you guys!

Josh and Annie said...

WOW! Lizzie only has 2 teeth and I have no clue when more will come. She's 9 months old and still can only eat pureed food....I can't wait for her to get more teeth so she can eat more food.

Those pictures are so precious! She's a beautiful girl - and already a wanted model - LOL

God bless
Annie

Amber & Josh said...

Oh my goodness! What a cutie patootie little girl you have! No wonder why the photo studio wanted to have her photo on the wall, she is adorable. I love her headband too! Thanks for coming by our new site, I think it will be easier than having an xanga. I'm looking forward to catching up with you.
** and just for the record, I think the 1st tooth is a big deal too!