5.29.2008

Overwhelmed

Do you ever feel so overwhelmed by all that must be accomplished that you opt to do nothing. I am in a perpetual state of being overwhelmed and I am finding that eventually you just begin to shut down. I guess that is where I am with the blog. There is so much to tell...so many thoughts that I have to share...so many pictures that are unposted, that when I think about catching up I suddenly feel tired and leave it for another day.

But I want to share...I want to post...I want to tell.

So here is my quick catch up and then I will consider myself square. Hopefully that makes it less daunting when I do have a thought I would like to share on here.

Gracelynn is growing quickly. Crawling, pulling up on things, eating solids, talking up a storm. She is seriously the light of my life and I can't imagine one single day without her. I imagine she will be walking soon, so that will mean a whole new level of "baby-proofing".

I am in the process of planning her first birthday party. Can you believe it...she will be in one in 2.5 months! I am starting the planning now only because I know that things will be busy between now and then. Hopefully planning WAY ahead of time will reduce that stress for me. We'll see...

Ben is doing great. He is the top of his team at American Century and hopefully very soon he will be moving into a new position. He is really finding his niche and it is great to see him growing and getting excited about his job/career.

I am...busy. I am still in class and trying to finish my clinical hours. It has been a journey, but hopefully that part will be coming to a close at the end of July. Then I will have one module left this fall that will end on October 9th. After that...I'm free!

We are LOVING summer. Ben got a new lawnmower and we are hoping to finish a new patio in our backyard this year. I am taking regular walks with Gracelynn and just in general enjoying the warm weather when I am not the size of a whale (remember last summer...ugh!).

So there is our busy little life in a nutshell.

Consider me caught up. If you have questions on specifics or need more details...just ask.

Hopefully this makes blogging a little less scary!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Thanks for the update, Amber! And I completely understand about "freezing" at the thought of all that has to be accomplished! Hope you are doing well!

--Jenny

Christie said...

Hey..I hope things are slowing down a little for you! You are so right...even though I see you every week, I miss "hearing" about you when you haven't blogged in awhile!