Physically: She is ALL over the place, but for the most part her mode of transportation is crawling. She can get behind a push toy and walk just fine for a few steps, so I know she has the stability and the muscle tone to do it, but she just doesn't seem to trust herself yet. She will be playing and suddenly realize that she is standing, playing without touching ANYTHING. She will slowly sit down and I can just imagine her thought being "Whew! That was a close one!" I am NOT pushing her to walk, whatsoever. My life is already a crazy rat race with her crawling, pulling up and cruising around the furniture. She will walk when she is ready and I am just dandy with that :)
Cognitively: Gracelynn has mastered that object permanence thing. We will try and hide the remote so she doesn't change the channel or language...and she goes right for it. Even 30 minutes later she will go straight to where we hid it. She is also becoming very resourceful. She can look at an obstacle and figure out how to overcome it. She can also climb. So this physical ability helps her figure out how to get to things she never go to before. Oh Joy!
Emotionally: This ties into the cognitive thing because she has that object permanence. She KNOWS that when mommy or daddy leaves, that they still exist, they just aren't with her. This crushes her...whether we are leaving her at daycare or just leaving the room. This has also led to the fit throwing stage. Oh man...this is rough. She is what I call a little drama queen and will throw herself on the floor and sob her heart out. And then...your heart breaks.
So yes...even though she is a bit of a mess lately, I love her so much. Here are a few pictures for you to enjoy.
Mommy and baby playing.
Gimme that camera...
My gorgeous little girl.
I wanna kiss...
Trying to get a good picture.
Lounging while playing.
Tub time!!!
Holy Bubbles, Batman!
Book time with Daddy
Dora is her favorite book!
Future text-er.
Reading on her own.
After swimming. She REALLY wants the new camera
Walking with the push toy...with one hand even!
This is the grossest thing I have seen yet as a mom. I looked back as I was driving and this is what I saw. When I got to the next stop light...I had to take a picture. Can you say...blackmail??
Look at that smile...loves it!
Once again...trying to get a good picture together.
What are you doing?
Look ma-ma...I found these awesome things in MY room!
Hard at play.
Ok...there you go. I am going back to my day off. Trying to catch up on all the things I never have time to do!
4 comments:
Love the pictures! She's getting so big. And she looks so much like you. I love it!
Its been awhile since I have been here, and oh my gosh she is adorable!!
So I noticed that you are off all baby food and totally on "table" food. What kind of foods do you do for lunch and dinner? Alivia has been on table food for about a month now and I feel like we are in a rut and just need some more ideas...
Lovin' the kissy face.
Amber, do you have Justin and/or Christy's email address?
By the way,Pastor Pat is showing off pictures of Gracelynn every chance he gets. We see her from every angle! Very cute baby!
~Lorie H.
Post a Comment