1.29.2007

Ehhhh....

Just when I start to think I am feeling better...BAM! Of course it can't happen on a Saturday or even a Sunday...but Monday morning! Ok...enough complaining, I should be getting my medicine tomorrow (barring any other insurance issues) and then all should be well for a while. I am hoping that "the sickness" will leave me soon and I will get to enjoy my second trimester as everyone has told me I should.

Friday was a good day. We had our second doctor's appointment and after waiting for a looooong time, we finally got to see my doctor. She had been in a tough delivery, so I couldn't be too upset :). I weighed in...no weight gain yet!!! Ben was a little confused as to how I can be growing a belly already and not have gained any weight. But the doctor said that as long as I am not losing a ton of weight (I only lost half a pound) then we are doing just great.

We then got to hear the heartbeat on the fetal monitor. It took a couple of minutes for the doctor to locate it. I was a little worried until suddenly, bah dup bah dup bah dup. It was so awesome. I know for Ben it will be great when he can SEE him or her on the ultrasound...but it was so reassuring to hear our little baby and know that he/she was doing ok.

I am trying, in case you didn't notice, to be very gender neutral. Ben and I both have gotten into the habit of calling our little one "HE" all the time. I really don't want to give my child a complex :) AND I don't want to start thinking in one way, and then it be the other. Whatever "it" is we will be happy!

In case you are wondering, I am growing a belly. I know that the term "huge" is realative to where you are in your pregnancy...but that is how I feel now. I don't mind though. Now that everyone knows we are pregnant...I don't mind looking the part. Other than "the sickness" its the only thing that REALLY makes me feel pregnant so far.

I had better get off of here and get to work...more to come soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited you guys got to hear the heartbeat last week - the miracle of life is truly amazing. I hope your morning sickness goes away soon - I know no one wishes that more then you right now. I love you and miss you and am praying for you and your little bundle of joy! - Mindindy

Josh and Annie said...

Yay for the heartbeat! That's what reassured me that I was actually pregnant, cause I couldn't tell half the time.

I'll be honest, I'm a smidge jealous of your non weight gain (I'm already up 18 pounds!) but not of the sickness.... I really pray that God relieves you of that soon :-)

Oh I miss you guys! Post belly pics when you can. Now that I have a camera, I'll try to post pics more

Annie

P.S. I want to go to KC to shop for Maternity clothes - Manhattan has ZERO selection lol