Hello blogger world. Just stopping by to say hello. Not a whole lot has changed in the past week...except my growing belly. I am finding more and more need for looser fitting clothes and pants that don't "hug" my expanding midsection. But I love showing...I will really love it when people look at me and "know" I am pregnant and don't immediately think that I am "letting myself go". I made a trip to Old Navy this weekend to check out the maternity section and they had some great sales! I got 2 pairs of dress pants, a zip up fleece and a tank for summer for under $25!!! The pants are still a bit too big and the tank I can't wear for a while, but it was still a great buy! The fleece however, I bought in a small (since when I am huge this summer I won't be wearing a fleece) and have worn it all weekend...hehe. Its so warm and comfy, and with how cold it is in Kansas these days I need the extra warmth.
Well I have other news too. Starting in May, my Master's program will change slightly to where I only have 1 class a week on Mondays. Before you get too excited for me, know that NOW I will be adding a 12-18 hour a week internship to my schedule. This will include meeting with clients, supervision with MNU advisors, supervision with my internship therapist and paperwork. Pretty intense...but really exciting considering that this will be my first legitimate contact with the therapy world and I will for the first time be putting into practice what I have been learning.
Well on to the good news. About two weeks ago, I interviewed for an internship position with TLC for Children and Families. TLC reaches many children and adolescents in various capacities. One way is through the juvenile detention system. TLC has a campus where they have supervised housing for adolescents that have been put into the juveline detention system either through law enforcement or through their familes. Many of these kids come from very broken backgrounds and have resorted to a way of life that is less than desirable. TLC offers them a safe place to live and the therapy they need to get back into regular life. My internship will be working with a group of girls that live at the complex. I will be working with a licensed therapist and doing individual and group therapy sessions with these girls. I am so excited to get a chance to work with these teens and a chance to work with this therapist. I felt like in my interview that we really clicked and that I really like her philosophy and outlook on things. I know that I can learn a ton from her in observation and our supervision sessions. Eventually I will be able to "take the lead" during sessions and be the lead therapist. Scarey...but very awesome.
Ok...that is all for the news. Once again, sorry for the lack of pictures lately. We should be getting a new camera cord soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Congratulations on your internship! I'm so happy you got in the program you wanted - how exciting!! YAY!
Love ya!
Minners
Hooray for the internship! And thank you so much for the Old Navy tip - I really need to check them out.
God bless you Amber!
Amber -
Gap has the most comfortable maternity jeans ever! You should definitely try them, too. I wore mine until the end.
--Jenny
you'll have a lot of my students then! I have to sign their papers every day :)
I am so happy about the internship, and just incase you didn't read my other comment - congratulations on the baby! I finally got your link from Travis (since it's on my home computer in Korea) so I finally got updated on everything..I can't believe how "out of the loop" I got in such a short period of time!! haha......I could not be happier for you guys!!! Please be sure to post picture and give us an update very often!!!
Post a Comment