We got home and unloaded and within an hour we had several visitors. It was great seeing my grandparents hold their first great-granddaughter. In general, it was the perfect homecoming. However, when everyone left, and all was quiet, that was my favorite moment. In the hospital every few hours (or less) someone would come in to check on us. We had lots of visitors and we enjoyed all of their company, but for the first time it was just us. It was so awesome.
The first night home went pretty well too. I should rephrase. Gracelynn did great...mommy wasn't so great. I just couldn't relax and with every noise I would jump. It will just take time. She really slept quite a bit and ate about every 3 hours. I am still having to wake her up to eat, but I know pretty soon she will let me know when it is time. Ben let us sleep this morning, so I did get a few good hours of sleep before he left for work. It will just be an adjustment.
Well, I had better get off this thing. I would love to share more, but I would rather be with someone else ;)
Here are a few pictures...enjoy!
Doing what she does best...sleeping :)
Look...I DO wake up!
More to come...
Amber
3 comments:
What a cutie! Don't worry, Amber, you will relax. For the first few weeks (okay...months) I would wake up and have to check that Jamie was still breathing repeatedly each night. Now I still check on him - but usually just once! I'm so happy you guys are home and doing well. God bless.
--Jenny
She is so incredible! I can't believe how precious she is - seriously, she looks like an amazing baby...so content! =) I'm so happy for you both and I'm sure things will settle down in no time. You are a wonderful mom and you will start feeling more and more confident as it goes along. I can't even imagine how that feels!! =) You are awesome!!!
She's beautiful. Congrats! It was so good talking to you today. I'm so excited for you two. I'm glad you are home and enjoying some "family" time with just the three of you. I love you and will call you later.
Post a Comment