The other night I had her in her baby papasan on the bed while I was folding laundry (our typical set up) and she was fussing and kicking like crazy in her papasan. So I took her out and put her down on the floor on a blanket to let her get the "kicks" out of her. She immediately grabbed at her blanket (see picture in previous post) and began wiggling around while chewing on it. Now she has been moving around alot more, but nothing like this. Before I knew it she rolled onto her side and made it about 3/4 of the way (her left arm was under her). If she had been able to figure out how to get that arm out from under her she would have rolled from her back to her tummy!!! I couldn't believe it. She then rolled back onto her back and to the OTHER side. She was just having a grand old time chewing on her blanket and rolling around.
She also has started "talking" a lot more. She will sit and coo and babble like it's her job. Is it any wonder though...look at who her momma is ;) Yesterday she "sang" for the first time. I had Air1 on the computer and was listening to some music while I made dinner and folded laundry. I was singing along to the music and she was staring at me when suddenly she broke out into a smile and started singing along with me (read: cooing). It was so incredibly cute and I know she was mimicing what I was doing.
Gracelynn has also discovered her fingers. She had already figured out what her hands were for...chewing and sucking on of course, but now she has found each individual finger and will clasp her hands together, suck on one finger at a time and even grab at things. Last night while I was loading her into the car the diaper bag handle fell over on her carseat. She looked at it and immediately moved her hand over to it, wrapped her little fingers around the handle and held on for dear life. I have seen her bat at things, but this was the first time I had seen her intentionally grab an item, get it and then hold on. It was very exciting!!!
Last but certainly not least is her sleeping habits. She is consistently sleeping through then night (Praise the Lord!). She goes down some time between 8:30 and 9 pm and I typically have to wake her at 6 am (on the weekdays) to eat and get ready to go to Miss Andrea's for daycare. 9-10 hours of sleep is a beautiful thing :)
Well I had planned to wait until Saturday to share these milestones as that is her 3 month "birthday", but who knows what she will be doing by then! I had to share these now in case she is walking by then ;)
Here are a few pictures from daycare for you.

She looks like she got caught doing something she wasn't supposed to :P
It is so sad...this little hat is now too little for her. It was very hard to go through all of her things and put her little stuff away.

Such a big girl!
These jeans are another thing that she has outgrown.
We have started to use bibs to catch the huge amount of drool she has started to produce. This one of course is Daddy's favorite!
Another shot of her in her cowgirl outfit...eating her hand of course :)
Another hand-eating shot. She is too busy chewing on her digits to smile for the camera!
Our gorgeous little girl...if we do say so ourselves :)
Later!



6 comments:
Oh my goodness! She is SOOOO adorable! I just want to pick her up and cuddle! Yay for all the milestones she’s hitting – and so quickly! I think you have a genius on your hands! =) I definitely think she’s gonna have a fantastic voice – with the spectacular voices you and Ben have – it’s bound to be in her genes.
Happy 3 months (a few days early)! =)
Love and Miss you!!!
Min
9-10 hours that's fantastic. You know that there are tons of times you will post a picture and I see you all over her face. She looks so much like you it makes me laugh. Anyway I Love and miss you. Glad things are going great. Give her a kiss from all of us down here in the South.
I agree with Jacqui that she definitely looks like you - you are one of the few blessed mom's that get to say that! (Usually with the first baby the mom does all the hard work of pregnancy only to have their baby look EXACTLY like the dad! ha...) ANYWAY.....She is really growing up so fast and we are so glad to get to see and hear all the updates! Thanks....Love ya!
oh how cute!! And yay for sleeping through the night! Lizzie still awakes at 2 am for feedings, but since she sleeps with us in bed, I barely wake up and just roll over LOL
God bless you, we miss you hear amber,
Happy thanksgiving!
Annie
Just thinking of you. Hope ya'll had a great Thanksgiving.
I am having an update withdraw :) Its just been too long since I've seen a new picture and I know she's growing like a weed.
Post a Comment