2.11.2008

Whew...

Ok...the protected thing did not work. So....I am going to try and make things less "out there". You know, less details, names, etc. Hopefully it works.

I haven't updated in forever. I am horrible at doing this. I think about it at the worst times and just don't have the energy half the time. But I wanted to update you on little miss and the rest of the family.

Gracelynn will be 6 months old this coming Sunday. Can you believe it??? She is growing so fast and while it is hard to see my little baby slip away, I am no where near ready for another.

The poor thing suffered her first ear infection. I guess I should say we ALL suffered. Sleep was non-existent, work attendance was spotty, and nose suctioning was in high demand. But alas, we all survived and we are all healthy now **knock on wood**.

Gracelynn will be going to her 6 month appointment next Monday, so I don't have all her "stats" for you, but I will give you the best I can:

Weight (as of 5.5 months): 16.5 lbs
Height: 26.5 inches
Hair: Still very little, but it seems to be staying brown
Eyes: Turning more blue every day
Teeth: None yet...but she seems to be working on it
Crawling: Trying SOOOOO hard
Rolling over: Yes, both directions
Walking: She wishes
Talking: Babbling. She holds conversations with everything: mommy, daddy, the dog, the cat, her toys, etc.

I don't know any other stats...but if you want to know something, just ask

Ok...on to the good stuff. The pictures:

Here is my baby girl playing hard at daycare. She would prefer to stand any day.


One of my new favorites! She is trying so hard to crawl here!


Sweet smile...


First superbowl! She is channeling Olivia Newton John here. Let's get physical...


Meeting Jackson...the gentle giant.


Trying to eat...but daddy is so distracting


Exersaucer time! She is fascinated that she can stand up in this!


Mid-roll. She finally figured out that she can go where ever she wants by rolling.


Not really the baby...but this is our new living room furniture!


Another shot...our front room.


My two sleeping beauties!


Cutie pie!


This also turns into a table, but right now we have to play with it this way.


Daddy's first (and only) attempt at feeding Gracelynn cereal. She had more on her face and chest than in her tummy.



More interested in her toy than the camera.



I came in and found her sound asleep like this. It took a lot to get her foot back out without waking her up!


Ok...until next time.

Love, us!

8 comments:

Inculcator said...

So why didn't the protected thing work? I'm confused.

Amber said...

It was hard to get everyone that used to view (like family) to give me email addresses. I didn't realize how many of our extended family used this site to keep up with us. So...we are going to try to be unprotected for a while, and just be more careful about the names and stuff. I didn't know you had a site!

Amber said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lenity said...

Too much cuteness.

I didn't know you had a blog! Yay.

Anonymous said...

6 months??? I don't believe it! That just doesn't seem right! What a cutie pie, though (even if she is getting old :-) Hope you guys are doing great!

--Jenny

mindy said...

I agree with Jenny – 6 months already??? How is it that time passes by so quickly when you have kids? She is so cute! Her expressions are priceless! The picture where Ben had fed her cracked me up! I love her little foot hanging out of the crib too – priceless! I have to say that the picture of her in that pink sweater (where she’s trying to crawl) could win any contest – so beautiful! You all look so great! Oh – and I love your new living room furniture! Love and Miss you guys!

Happy Valentine’s Day,
Min-Dindy

The Impsons said...

Hey love, it has been a while. I'm glad things are going good. She's getting soooo big.
I love you and miss you tons! Give her kisses from me

Josh and Annie said...

What a total cutie pie! She just keeps getting cuter as she gets older :-)

And the furniture is beautiful - great taste :-)
Annie