Sorry for the gaps in posts. School has been kicking my fanny as of late, and between being a mommy, student, wife, house cleaner and personal shopper...some things just have to fall by the wayside, lol. Unfortunately, blogging is often one of those things.
Life is going really well. An update from the last blog: when we went back to the doctor at the end of that same week, Gracelynn had gained over 3 oz...which is considered good for her age. Since then, she has been eating like it is going out of style! She is still not a chubby baby, but I know she is getting what she needs! She is getting anywhere from 28-32 oz AND getting two meals a day. The doctor said in the next month we might want to up it to 3 meals a day. He also said we could start introducing pureed meats in the next month...fun! (actually that just sounds gross!).
Gracelynn is now so active. She gets up on her hands and knees and will rock herself. She often (accidentally) propels herself forward onto her face. She, however, doesn't seem fazed by it. She also rolls and pivots/army crawls ALL over the place. She just doesn't stay put. We finally had to get a highchair (one that sits on a kitchen chair) because she wouldn't sit still in her bumbo anymore. This way she can't flip or buck herself out of it when she sees something she wants.
Gracelynn is incredibly curious. She stares at and ponders things when it is something new. She has also learned to discriminate between faces she recognizes and those that she does not know. She will smile so big at myself, Ben, my mom, my step-dad and my siblings. She will even smile at some of our friends we see regularly, but those that she doesn't she will just stare at wide eyed like she is trying to place them. I always laugh and tell her not to be a snob...lol
I also am 95% sure that Gracelynn is saying "hi". I ALWAYS say this to her...and I am pretty sure she is copying after me when I say it. It sounds more like "Iyeee", but I chose to believe that it is her first word...lol
I wasn't sure how many knew, but I have a new job. I am now working for Jackson County Board of Services for a program called EITAS. This stands for Empowering Individuals Through Advocacy and Support. I am a service coordinator and will have a case load of 35 individuals with special needs. I only have 4 of my cases right now, but I am anxious to get going. So far I REALLY enjoy my new job, surroundings and coworkers. It is also an exempt position (paying more...Thank God!), and that allows me to have some more flexibility in my hours to accommodate being a student, mommy and wife all at the same time. It essentially means that when it is necessary I can work from home, take time without using vacation and sick leave, and in general set my own hours. Very exciting! The most exciting thing is that I am using my education now...and since I am paying dearly for that, it is very exciting!
Well, I had better get back to work. I have class tonight, and need to get some logging done for work before I head out for the day!
Later folks!
p.s. pictures to come!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Congratulations on the new job! It sounds like one you will truly love. I am so glad to hear that Gracelynn is doing well. Sounds like she is really growing up - already pretty mobile!
Good luck with the meats. Lizzie still gags whenever I try to give her some. But then again, Lizzie doesn't like any babyfood at all. LOL The only things she will eat are 1 or 2 bites from fooods she can hold in her hands.
I can't believe how busy you are! When do you sleep? Its no wonder the blog suffers - there is simply not enough time in the day.
Annie
Post a Comment