Ok the titles a bit cheesy...but I don't care cause that is how excited I am to be going to Georgia in less than 24 hours. I have most of my list crossed off and I actually started packing last night (you should be proud, usually I wait to pack until a couple hours before) Of course that may have something to do with the fact that my flight leaves MCI at 6 AM!!! Ben and I are leaving the house at 4:30 to make it there by 5. Holy alarm clock, Batman...that is early! I am hoping that I will be tired enough that I will sleep the entire 2 hour flight and arrive refreshed and wide awake in Atlanta at 9 am (EST). Considering that I haven't flown in 7 years, I am a little nervous. Not so much about the flight itself, but getting lost in the ginormous airport in Atlanta! Thank goodness for cell phones. And then I will get to see Mindy! I am so excited to get to have 6 days to spend with Mindy, Chris and their beautiful little boy, Luke! Ok, I will get off this kick for a while.
In other news...my car is getting better. I spoke with the repair shop yesterday and so far their estimate is right on. It should be done in another week or so. Whew! I will be glad to have my vehicle, and hopefully everything is still in fully operating order when I get it back.
School is going well. Everyone is jealous that I am taking off a couple days. We don't get a spring break...but I am taking one. We just started a class called Structure and Process of Therapy. It sounds a lot more boring than it is. In reality we learn different counseling skills (or helping skills as the book calls it) and then practice them in class. Not only do we get to learn the skills, but we also get to learn more about our classmates, as we are each others mock clients. It is really exciting, and I want to apologize in advance if I start doing "that therapy thing" on you. They are actually really great skills for anyone to learn that can improve communication between two people.
So this next week Ben will be all by his lonesome. He will probably get sucked into the dark world of World of Warcraft and by the time I get back he will have to go through detox and rehab :). If you think about it, give him a call and make him come out of the haze for just a moment. He will have the dogs too, so I do feel a little bad for him (just a little). Those two pups are quite the handful.
Alright, I have wasted enough time on here. This day just can't go fast enough.
I'll post again soon!
Hugs and Kisses
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
This time tomorrow you'll be here!!! YAAAAAYYYYY!!!!
Love,
Min-dindy
Hi Sweetie,
thanks so much for keeping tabs on me! :) I'm really so glad to be back on xanga. I can't believe you are pregnant - and 20 weeks pregnant at that! Congrats! I missed out on so much taking a break! Was it a surprise or were you trying - I don't know how you do it, didn't you say you are also in an accelerated masters program? Geez, I wish I had your energy .... Have a fabulous trip dear....
Amber
Post a Comment