Wow...have I ever let this thing go. I have to first apologize for the lack of posting. I have been playing a bit of catch-up since I got back from Georgia. So let me catch you up.
1. We got our car back! It is nice to have our Honda back and running. It seems to have a little shudder every once in a while, so we are going to take it back in next week to just have them tweak a few things. Fortunately, we have a lifetime warranty on the work they did, so we don't run the risk of a warranty "running out".
2. School is going well. These classes are ALL ABOUT putting into practice what we will be doing in our internships. It is actually really neat to learn all about the different techniques and such. We are also learning about ALL the paperwork we will be required to do. Just to fill you in. I have to have 500 client hours before I am eligible for licensure. That means 500 hours of meeting face to face with clients either in individual sessions or group sessions. I then have to ALSO have 500 professional hours. Which means paperwork, research, planning, etc. So it is a 1:1 ratio of the amount of time spent in the therapy room to the time spent out. AHHH! Another really daunting thing about that is that as therapists we will be required to assign a diagnosis after the first session. HOLY COW...the first session (50 min-1 hour) isn't nearly enough time to know what this persons lifetime of issues means. Hopefully they will begin giving us the techniques to do that too :).
3. For some that may not already know...we are having a little GIRL! We just found out last Friday, and I completely meant to post right after and then of course life happened. We are excited, mostly just to know (and to get to start decorating!). Plus...someone had to supply the female population in 2007. We know eight couples that have either recently had a baby or are having one that have boys! It was time for a little girl power. Ben is adjusting to the idea of what it means to raise a girl ;) I told him it would come to him. Most important, she is very healthy and we are excited to be more than half way through! August will be here before you know it.
4. Moose had his first big adventure to the vet. While I was in Georgia, Ben took him to the vet because of a troubling little bald spot on his side. It wasn't red or an open sore, but it was just completely bald (about the size of a nickle). Well, he was diagnosed with Demodex Mange. UGH..it just sounds so dirty, but really it is something he probably got from his mommy and it just now had started to show itself. Fortunately, our other animals haven't had any problems with it since they are older and their immune systems can fight it off. So, this past Tuesday, Moose went to stay at the vet for his first of two Mytoban Dips. He wasn't super happy and came back completely exhausted! Poor guy, but hopefully this will take care of the problem and his coat will continue to be a beautiful chocolate brown with NO bald spots :) p.s. He is getting huge. 6 months old and 42 lbs already!
5. I felt the baby move! I had different times of thinking I MIGHT have felt her, but while we were sitting in the waiting room for our sonogram last Friday, she just went to town. It was as if she knew we were there to take pictures of her and she wanted to make herself known! It is the most amazing feeling, and even though people tried to describe it to me (popcorn popping, butterflies), there is truly no description that does it justice. I will tell you one thing, when it happens you KNOW! Now I feel her all the time, and it is so awesome how connected I feel to her already. She really starts going to town when I get hungry...she likes her food :)
6. Our sink died again. This just happened last night, and this time the problem seems to run a little deeper. Fortunately, my cousin who lives in the area and is a plumber came over to check it out. Hopefully it is something he can help us with and it will save us a little money. In general...Ben and I are not so plumbing savvy. So pray for our sink...that it will be ressurrected!
Ok, I believe that is all for now. I feel that I have suffeciently caught you up on the going ons of the Weyrauch household. Have a wonderful Easter!
Amber
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yay for feeling the baby move! Isn't it the most wonderful yet bizarre feeling ever! Truly indescribable! Sorry to hear about the sink. Hopefully your cousin can get it all working like normal again.
Miss you!
Minners
Congrats on having a baby girl! So precious, I'm so excitied for you. I'm so happy you had a great time in Georgia, I did want to go to Savannah! :) Heard it's this beautiful little southern town!
RYC: Before we left for vacation my digital camera broke - I was so disapointed. They are very expensive, too expensive for us right now. And to get the camera fixed it's over $100 so we mind as well just get a new one, I did however get some pictures that my mom took - they aren't digital though so I think I'm going to have them be put on cd by Target photoshop or something and hopefully I can post them then.
- sorry to hear about your puppy, poor baby! :(
Hope you guys had a wonderful and blessed Easter!
-Amber
Post a Comment