4.26.2007

Confessions of a Clothes Horse

Ok, for some of you, you may not understand this post. I, Amber, am a clothing addict. I love clothes. And it doesn't just stop there. Purses, Jewelry, Shoes...pretty much everything you can wear on your body. (I even went through a phase where I LOVED buying and having TONS of underwear) My closet is typically packed to the gills and even when I buy more hangers, within a week or two they are all filled and I am out again. My poor husband has a tiny corner of our walk-in closet. My heels take up the shelves along one wall, my jeans and sweaters take up the shelf under the top rack of clothes. My jewelry hangs on hooks inside the door of the closet. I have a lot of STUFF! Sometimes when you are feeling down, there is just something about getting something new (or new to you...I LOVE garage sales and consignment shops) that can lift your spirits.

I am in withdrawl!!!

Pregnancy not only changes the way you eat, sleep and use the bathroom, it also effects your fashion capabilities. Yes, there are PLENTY of super cute, trendy clothes out there for maternity wear, but unless you have the money to spend on not one but two additional wardrobes, you are out of luck. I am reduced to wearing the same things week after week. Then to add some more insult to injury, it got warm this week, and my possibilites were reduced even farther. I keep looking at my spring and summer things from last season as they hang, untouched, on the other side of my closet and I weep a little :( I now know how my husband must feel. The clothing that I can wear is now reduced to a tiny little patch in the closet :(.

Then there are the shoes! Heels and I have a love hate relationship, I LOVE the way they look, but I HATE, HATE, HATE my little sausage toes that I have for about 24 hours AFTER wearing heels. Anything that is too confining, by the end of the day, makes my feet feel like I am cramming a size 12 into a size 6 (I wear a 9).

Then we come to jewelry. You can't go wrong there...right? Well my necklaces still fit, and yes my earrings are fine (I don't think your ears can swell), but my poor wedding ring! If I get too hot or stand too much, my fingers are like hotdogs and I have to take my ring off. I know before long I will most likely have to retire it completely or risk getting it stuck.

So...What do I have left. My purses :) You can't go wrong with a purse. No amount of swelling, growing or heat will keep me from using whatever purse I want to.

Oh... I'm sad :(

6 comments:

kimberly said...

I can identify with this addiction.

Now that we have the Legends I am out of control... I will have a serious problem with closet space when I end up getting married. That's probably a good excuse for being single so long.

Anonymous said...

You crack me up. :-) I have had to limit my clothes buying for the last couple years because of losing so much weight.. so I just bought what I needed to get through to the next size. It is great for the wallet, but sucks for keeping up with trends!! And, I have had the hardest time loving any purses lately?? I'm not sure why.. lol. Maybe it is my pregnant moodiness? hehe :-)

and yeah, how much does it suck to need TWO new wardrobes when you're pregnant? haha. i was trying to explain to my husband why we will be shopping for new maternity pants again in 3 or 4 months. lol. :-)

have a great day! :-)

Paula-Beth said...

LOL! I'm totally felling ya, girl! I have THREE shirts right now that I can wear, and that is just NOT working for me! Old navy has their stuff and save going on right now though, so after my appt tomorrow I'm going to splurge a bit. Tomorrow is pay day and I have a limit set of how much I will spend--I just have GOT to get at least enough shirts to get me through one work week. As for pants, I haven't needed to do the rubberband thing, but I am going to invest in a belly band (looks like a tank top underneath your shirt) so I don't have to buy pants for awhile. Shoes are another issue...I seriously would love to live in flip flops, but I can't wear them to work. Not so sure how heels are going to work for me in a few more months!

Teniah Ashlyn said...

I FINALLY got to catch up on your blog...Congrats on the baby girl, I am SO excited for you both. You are going to make such fantastic parents and I really love hearing about it all! I especially loved your "survey"....Love you both so much. Keep on growing in your faith and using this incredible miracle to teach you so many wonderful things...

Anonymous said...

Only for a few more months! Keep telling yourself that! I promise it gets better! I'm glad you are doing well other than the lack of clothing. Take care.

--Jenny

Anonymous said...

I feel the SAME way!! It makes me soo sad to look at all the cute things that I wore last year this time and then go and try to pick out something that I wore last week. I HATE wearing the same thing more than once or twice in a 3-4 week span and now its like every week. And shoes when I wear a heal I feel I will fall over because my balance is off. The other day I did it anyway and I tripped at work......