Hello guys!
Well I am coming off of an insanely busy weekend. At about 9 pm on Sunday when I sat down I recounted what I did:
Went to a banquet
Sang for 300+ people (in heels)
Visited my grandparents...just back from Florida looking tan and fabulous.
Praise team practice
Grilled with friends
Sang in both church services (in heels again)
Sunday dinner at friends
Study group with classmates
Visted my mom
Grocery shopping
Laundry and other misc. cleaning
Paper due on Monday
And all of this took place from Friday at 5pm to Sunday at 9 pm!!! Crazy!
I also had the pleasure (???) of experiencing my first swelling! I was standing up in church for the gospel reading and suddenly I had a huge heat wave just roll over me. I had to excuse myself because I was so warm. I went to the ladies room and took off my jacket to cool down. I looked down and realized that my ankles were HUGE!!! I pretty much tried to sit for the duration of the day and I think I have to now officially retire my heels for the remainder of my pregnancy :( I am particularly saddened by this considering that it is just now getting nice out and I have some really cute heeled sandals. I know, sounds silly but I guess I will be resigned to flats this summer.
I had a little bit of a freak out moment yesterday. I was reading a thread on Babycenter.com about hospital bags when you go to deliver your baby. It was all so overwhelming, and they say you should have it essentially ready to go by 32 weeks so you have it ready if you go early and you don't have to think about it. Yes, I know I am only 22 weeks, but that still seems not that far away. So then I started thinking about other things I/we need to do such as make a visit to the hospital to tour the LD facilities, speak with the care coordinator at the hospital to pre-register, take a childbirth prep class...etc. All of this stuck in between work, school, internship, housework, etc. Yeah...you could say I was freaking out a little bit about things. However, today I woke up and was calm again. Don't know what made me calm down, but after a night of sleep I seemed to feel better. I still have these things on my to-do list but I am working on it one step at a time.
In light of "thinking" about things, it also made me realize how soon my baby will be here. I am very excited and anxious at the same time. Anxious only because we haven't really started the nursery. Yes, we haven't really had time and No, we haven't cleared the room out of all our garage sale stuff (being that until this weekend it had been in the 30's and below). So, it's not like I have been slacking, but I suddenly have this urge to have everything READY. I believe this is called nesting and I think I have been doing it since about week 16!!! My need for organization has gone THROUGH THE ROOF and I believe I might be driving my dear husband batty! I have lists for everything, I coordinate our calendars, I clean non-stop, and I have started a new banking system for our check register and accounts. While this may sound highly productive, it is serving to stress me out because I have to also keep up with homework, go to class, prepare to start my internship in a couple weeks and go to work every day. Whew...just preparing me for when the baby's here, right?
Well, that is all I have for now. It's a pretty typical week here, so nothing too exciting to report on.
Love, Amber
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey hey hey!
Lime green rocks! ;)
Love ya!!
Minners
YAY!! I'm glad I've discovered your site. I just felt bad because you're always reading my posts and I haven't been seeing yours, so now I know where to go:-)
I'm a HUGE fan of lists--it's almost scarey! My fave is making grocery lists...I have it down to this insane science and I get goosebumps just thinking about it! lol! Of course, grocery shopping isn't AS fun right now because of all of my weird aversions. I'm sure my love of food will return in a few weeks though...at least i hope so!
In terms of clothes...I'm still able to wear my normal clothes, but they don't seem to fit my body just quite right--I can definitely tell that there are some chnages going on! Plus, I feel funny wearing normal clothes, and yet I feel funny wearing maternity type clothes. It's just this particular stage of things though. Just a few more weeks and second trimester here I come! woohoo!!
Post a Comment