I really don't have much to update on. Right now our lives have become somewhat of a waiting game. We have the nursery done, we have the bassinet set up in our room, we have the car seat and stroller, I have turned in my paperwork for the clinic, I have transitioned clients for my maternity leave, my FMLA paper work has gone through at work...essentially all we are missing is the baby. Now if she would only decide to make her appearance we could get on with this (not to mention it would probably be a much more interesting blog).
It has been hot as all get out this past week, and it doesn't appear by the forecast that it is supposed to cool down anytime soon. This past Thursday night, as I made my way home from supervision, Ben told me that he thought the AC in the house had gone out. Sure enough when I got home it was running, but NO cool air was coming out. It was 89 degrees in our house!!! Of course that makes sense, since at 9 pm it was still over 90 degrees outside! After spending about 10 minutes in the house I knew I would NOT be able do deal with it. My 39-week-pregnant-self was just not going to be able to cope with that (I have a hard time coping with anything warmer than 75 degrees right now). So, first we started looking through our mortgage stuff. We had to call our realtor because we didn't have all the paperwork, but we fortunately have a 12 month home warranty on all our major appliances! AC is included! So we called and made the claim and the next day it was taken care of. They were quick...and it probably didn't hurt to mention that I was 39 weeks pregnant and it is over 100 with the heat index. This also meant I missed work on Friday. Someone had to be here when they came, and they didn't exactly give us a narrowed down timeframe. It allowed me to get a LOT done around the house though. In hopes of making this little girl come I swept and mopped the floors, dusted all the rooms, did laundry, vaccumed, cleaned the kitchen, cleaned the bathrooms, and organized our closet. As far as making our little diva come out...it was fruitless. BUT, my house is now clean :)
Yesterday (Saturday), I went and got my final pedicure. I told Ben that if I made it to Saturday, I was going for one and that way my toes will be pretty when I go into labor. When there is very little you can do to make yourself *pretty*, these little things count. So literally, we are ready (or as ready as we will ever be) and just waiting...and waiting...and waiting some more.
I have a doctor's appointment in the morning and we are hoping that I will have progressed enough for her to set an induction date. She told me that she won't let me go any more than a week over, if even that, so maybe we will get an "end date" tomorrow. I am of course hoping she will come on her own, but we don't want to risk her being too big and me having a c-section. At 38 weeks the doctor already was estimating that she was 7 1/2 lbs!!! In the final weeks a baby can gain .5 lb to 1 lb a week! Holy Moly! So the doctor doesn't want to let me go too far over.
I don't have many pictures, but I will post what I have.
Here are my pups, Moose and Olivia. When Ben plays his game they typically like to sit in with him.
Close up of Moose. They have been "checking out" my belly a lot more as of late.
Miss Olivia.
Um...yeah. At least my pedicure looks nice :)
Taken at 38 weeks. Please excuse the exhausted expression...it had been a long day!
All sorts of goodies for the baby!
Stroller
Carseat
Baby Papasan
This is Gracelynn's baptism dress. My grandmother made it. She used the left over satin and lace from my wedding dress. It is so beautiful and means so much to me!
Well that is all for now. Hopefully the next time I post there will be more exciting news :)
Amber
ETA: Here is a picture to compare my belly. It isn't a great comparison as I am not wearing the same clothes, in the same room, etc...but you will get the idea.
The one in red is from almost 34 weeks pregnant and the one on the right is from 38 weeks. Can I get any bigger???
4 comments:
Wow! Amber - she has grown quite a bit in the past few weeks! You still look really good though! You don't look like you've gotten bigger anywhere but your belly (most of which I'm sure is little Gracelynn!) I know it seems like she will never come - but just try to rest as much as you can these last few days! She will be here soon! I'm praying for a safe delivery for you two! God bless.
--Jenny
It was good talking to you today. We are so excited for you and Ben. I hope Friday comes fast for you. I know its going to be sooo hard concentrating on work when you know in about four days you will be holding your precious baby girl. We will be praying for you and Ben during this time. Can't wait to see the pictures. Love you Am!
You are an amazing lady, and I totally LOVED the toes! =) You are gonna be the most beautiful mom they ever delivered! (Let's just hope the Dr. is not too distracted by your pretty toes and forgets about the baby...haha) You look so wonderful and I am so incredibly happy for you both! Good luck, and we are waiting to hear the exciting announcement!!! Keep us posted!!
We're praying for you guys!!!! Can't wait to see those pictures. Love ya'll
Post a Comment