No...the title is not a type-O. This week marks the first week that both Ben and I are back to work full time and Gracelynn is in full-time daycare. We have made it through the first three days...barely. It is so hard to be away from my baby as much as I am. Monday, aside from a 15 minute time period when I was able to feed her before class, I didn't see her for 16 hours!!! That is too long! I have been weakened by this precious little girl and when I am away from her, I think about her constantly and when I will get to hold her in my arms again. I love my parents, and I love my dogs. I love my husband and I love my friends. Yet nothing prepared me for the kind of love I would have for my daughter. No matter how tired or overwhelmed I am, I always have the energy to show her how much I love her and to take care of her. It is almost like a super-strength that has been given to me.
All in all, the week has gone pretty smoothly, and I know that while it won't ever be easy to be away from her, it will get easier.
This Sunday is Gracelynn's baptism. We have a bunch of family coming in town and it will be so nice to see them. I will have pictures of that next week.
For now, here are a few more pics for your enjoyment.

Playing with mom in the afternoon.

Close up...look at that beautiful face!

You talking to me???

The swing has become one of her favorite places.

The proof.
LOVE
2 comments:
I LOVED the update - hey, does she have red hair or is that just how the pictures came out? Just curious! =)
I'm sorry it's so hard for you being away, but you're right and it will get easier. I cannot imagine how hard it must be for you. God has given you such an awesome call on your life, so I know He will give you the strength you need! You are my inspiration and I admire you so much!!! Love you!!!
I know I keep saying this, but Gracelynn is just so incredibly precious! I can just see her loving personality through the pictures. She’s such gorgeous little girl!
I can only imagine how tough this week was (not to mention exhausting) for you guys. I’m glad to hear things have gone smoothly, but am sure you miss your little Gracelynn more then words can even express (especially on Mondays.) Just remember, not to long from now, you’ll be done with school and internships! All this hard work will soon pay off!
You and Ben are doing such an awesome job. You guys are naturals! I can’t wait to see Gracelynn’s baptism pictures!
Love and miss you SO much,
Min
Post a Comment