I can't believe I missed posting this yesterday. Chalk it up to the busy life we lead! Gracelynn was two months yesterday. I can hardly believe it. She is growing so much.
We had her two month well-baby check and immunizations yesterday. She came weighed in at 12 lbs 6.4 oz. and has grown to 23.5 inches! She is in the 95% for weight and 90% for height. The doctor said she looked very healthy and that he was impressed with her skin. He said typically, a baby that is 2 months old has problems with rashes and dry skin, but her skin looks great. He also was impressed with how well she was holding her head up and how social she is. I would like to think part of that is due to her being in daycare. She is learning at an early age to adapt to her surroundings and to make eye contact with people other than her mommy and daddy. I tell myself that so I can see a benefit in daycare :) The check-up went very well.
Then came the dreaded immunizations. She had one oral immunization that they gave her first. She drank it right down. Then she had 3 shots. One in her left leg and two in her right leg. The poor baby screamed like a banshee and turned shades of purple I have never seen before (and I'm a K-Stater). This was VERY hard for me to take...but fortunately it was short-lived and over quickly. Once she was bundled up in my arms again, she settled down quickly.
Last night was rough, but we made it through. I am glad we have two more months before we have to do that again. Now for some pictures. Most of these were taken at daycare by Miss Andrea. She is good about posting pictures during the day for parents that miss their little ones.
Gracelynn resting after her ordeal yesterday morning. You can see the little bandaids on her legs. My poor little baby.
She is getting so good at using her hands! At daycare she works on grabbing and holding her toys. What a big girl!

This is Gracelynn with her friend Zoe at daycare. Zoe is Miss Andrea's little girl and she is about 5 months old. I am sure Zoe will teach lots of things to Gracelynn some day.

Another picture of Gracelynn and Zoe. You can see the size difference better in this picture.

Gracelynn "chillin'" on her boppy. Look at her big belly. She obviously likes to eat :)
Ok, that is all I have for now, as I am at work. I have a ton more pictures though, and will add them soon.
Amber
4 comments:
Wow, that was so fantastic, thank you so for sharing with us!!! I cannot believe it's been 2 months either! I think you found a fabulous daycare - that is SO cool that she takes pictures for you during the day!!! wow....I think your comment about why Gracelynn is so sociable is probably right on - there are some perks to getting them out and around other people early on! You are doing such a wonderful job and make a great mom! Love you!
Ahh...poor baby! Don't worry Amber - you're not alone. I still can't make it through Jamie's shots without tearing up :) I'm glad to hear everything is good with her though!
--Jenny
she is SO cute!!
I've been debating the whole immunization thing. Ppl keep telling me to get them, to not get them, or to have them separated more, etc. I'm so confused!! I really trust our dr though so I am going to just trust he will advise us of the right thing...
Just thinking of you today. Love you!
Post a Comment