4.13.2007

Pregnancy Survey

I just couldn't resist :)


About Mommy!
Name: Amber
Age (when we found out):: 24 (The day before my 25th Birthday!)
Age (when the baby is born):: 25
Is this your first child? Yes

About Daddy!
Name: Ben
Age (when we found out): 26
Age (when the baby is born): 27
Is this his first child? yes

Finding Out!
When we found out: Sunday, December 10th
Mommy's feelings upon finding out: I was stunned...it was an absolute surprise! I cried for about 5 seconds and then went into shock :)
How did Daddy react? Ben is very "even-keyed" he just said ok, and then hugged me.
Who was there when you found out? Just Ben and I.
Who was the first person you told? Mindy Scott :) I HAD to tell someone other than Ben...someone that would understand from my point of view.
How did she/he/they react? SO excited!

Telling the Grandparents!
How did Mommy's parents react? My mom screamed a little and cried. My step-dad just beamed from ear to ear! We told them at Christmas so we gave them a little card that invited them to be grandparents!
How did Daddy's parents react? They were really surprised AND excited.
Are they helping choose names? No, we did that on our own.
Have they bought anything for the baby yet? No, not really. We were waiting to find out what we are having.
How often do you talk to them? I talk to my mom just about every day and Ben talks to his parents several times a week.

About the Pregnancy!
When was your first appointment? December 29th
When are you due? EDD August 17th
How far along are you? 22 weeks today!
How much weight have you gained so far? As of 2 weeks ago at my last appointment 10 pounds.
Have you had an ultrasound yet? Yes...3 of them
Have you heard the heartbeat yet? Yes, every time we are in we get to hear our little one's heart beat.

About the Baby!
Were you hoping for a boy or a girl? I didn't really care...just healthy!
What about Daddy? I think he really wanted a boy.
What did your intuition tell you you were having? I had really begun to think girl...
Have you had your "BIG" ultrasound yet? If you have, is it a boy or a girl? Yes! On the 30th of March we found out we are having a little girl!
Are you happy with what you're having? Of course...we are so excited!

About the Birth!
What are you bringing to the hospital with you? Other than the basics, we were told to bring a DVD player and DVD's...just in case.
Who are you bringing to the hospital with you? Hopefully Ben can make it ;) And then my mom.
Will you videotape the birth? Um...well we don't have a video camera and that isn't exactly "home movie" material :)
Will the birth be natural or medicated? Meds all the way!
Do you think you'll need a c-section? I'm thinking no...but you never know.
Will you cry the first time you hold your baby? You can count on it.
What will you say to the baby the first time you hold him/her? I imagine I will be speechless
Are you nervous/scared about labor and delivery? Yes and no...no matter what I have to go through it will be ok, and every delivery is different. We will see what I get.

Names!
Have you chosen a name yet? Yes...She will be named Gracelynn DeAnne (at least that is what we are planning on for now).
Will the baby be named after someone? My mother's middle name is DeAnne

Random Questions!
Where was your baby conceived? In our old apartment ;)
Have you felt the baby move yet? Yes! All the time. She moves pretty much constantly!
What heritage will your baby have? A little bit of everything
Do you have stretch marks? Not yet...but bring 'em on, I can handle it.
What was your first symptom? Um...we found out early, so just a missed period
What religion will you raise the baby with? From which side? Christian...both sides!
What music or interests will you share with the baby? I can't imagine our child being anything BUT musical! We both love music so much, she will be around it all the time!
Will your baby have godparents? not planning on it
What theme will the baby's nursery have? I am planning on the colors being soft pinks and chocolate brown. Probably using geometric shapes.
What was the first thing you bought for the baby? So far...nothing
Are you ready to be a mommy? I'm not sure...I will learn as I go (hopefully there is a learning curve)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved reading the survey!! I am just so excited for you guys! You and Ben are going to be awesome parents! I can't wait!! =)

Love you and miss you SOOO much!
Min-Dindy

Anonymous said...

This is watchmefadeto100 from xanga :-) I just wanted to say hi! And, have you seen the Amy Coe Flutter Mod collection from Target? It's so cute (in my opinion) and is pink and brown with squares and butterflies. :-) If we have a girl, it is what we are using.. :-)

Anyway, thanks for stopping over! have a great day! :-)
annelee