Is there anything more heartwarming and wonderful than a baby's smile? I dare say there isn't. And I have found, it is even more so when it is your own baby!
As Gracelynn grows, she is becoming more and more responsive to people and their voices. She coos when she is happy and smiles at us in hopes of getting a smile back...and she always does. I can be in the worst mood, completely exhausted, and all I need is one little smile from my little one and all my troubles just melt away, at least for the moment.
As I write this she is laying in my lap and every once in a while she coos to get me to look down at her and will give me a little smile. It is as if that little piece of affirmation from her momma helps her know that all is well with the world. OH! If only we as adults could find such peace and calm in a simple smile from someone we love! If only we could know that the world and our lives were all going to be ok, just from a smile.
Because I have this opportunity to spend some alert time with my baby girl, I am not going to write long on here. I must take advantage of the time I have with her. I am all too aware that with each day she grows and changes, and tomorrow may be too late to enjoy this particular milestone.
I will leave you with a couple of pictures of her smiles...perhaps they will melt your heart too and help you know that all is right with the world...even for a moment. :)
Gracelynn early in the morning, getting ready to leave for Miss Andrea's house. She is an early bird, so she is usually very happy in the mornings. It is a great way for me to start my day!
Something I did made her absolutely crack up. I LOVE this picture!
Sunday morning before church. She was REALLY hamming it up for the camera.
Pretty girl! We are trying to use our "summer" clothes before it gets too cold. This is actually a halter dress, but since it is a little too cool for that, we put a sweater over it.
And if the pictures of her smiling didn't make your heart melt, perhaps this picture will.
Until next time...
4 comments:
My heart’s melted! =) Her smile is so pure and beautiful! Luke passed by while I was reading your blog and insisted on getting up on my lap to look at the pictures of Gracelynn. He pointed to the screen and kept saying, “baby!” I think he’s already pursuing her! =) hehehe
Love and miss you so much!!!
Min
Back off, Mindy, you have to give Baby Bee a chance at her too!! haha....
I agree though that Gracelynn does have the face of an angel and she really does make you feel at peace. Your words as a mom made my heart feel at peace too. - To know that you find such incredible joy and love when you look at your baby girl (You are an awesome mom to have that feeling so strong!) Keep feeling that way all through her life - that every time you look at her and see her smile your heart is melted - and I have NO doubt that you two will forever be the best of friends. Being truly loved my your mom is a gift that few have the privilege of experiencing, and it makes my heart so happy to know that Gracelynn will feel that in her life! She is such a lucky little girl! =)
Keep staying strong - I know things are hectic and hard these days, but you are doing awesome!
Oh my goodness it's been so long since I've been here I am so sorry, life had gotten out of control busy wise! Your little girls is just too precious for words - I LOVE her cheeks, and the picture of her sleeping is just too cute. She looks like such a happy little girl - how are the dogs handling having a baby in the house?
Josh and I visit the RE (infertility Dr) Monday - I'm a bit nervous because i'm not sure yet I want medical intervention. We will see how it goes I guess.
Take care sweets!
Amber
What an angel! I know what you mean about trying to use up the clothes. Lizzie has grown so fast that there were actually a couple outfits she didn't wear....LOL
I love reading your blog Amber - little Gracelynn changes so much in each picture :0)
Post a Comment